General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Although data regulations changed on the 25th May 2018, our commitment to protecting your details will never change. We want you to know that we take privacy very seriously. We always manage your details responsibly, and take great care to keep them safe.
We may sometimes transfer your information to other authorities, so that we can operate effectively as a school and be able to positively implement our duty of care for the school community. Under GDPR we are lawfully able to do this to carry out tasks in the public interest and as part of our legal obligation.
We are being more transparent so that you know more about the personal information we hold. Further information is included in our data protection policy and privacy notices.
You have rights under GDPR, and we would like you to know what they are:
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in your personal data. However, we may consider applying an exemption to some information where our duties may potentially be comprised
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing
- a right to decisions being taken by automated means, unless we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act
If you would like to make any requests, if you think your data has been misused or is not secure, you should contact the Data Protection Officer, Miss M Brown or the Deputy Data Protection Officer, Miss E Fielding on email@example.com
If you need any further advice you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), Helpline on 0303 123 1113
GDPR Data Protection Policy
GDPR Staff Privacy Notice
GDPR Student Privacy Notice
GDPR Privacy Notice for Parents/Carers (your child's data)
GDPR Privacy Notice for Parents/Carers (parent/carer data)
GDPR Subject Access Request (SAR) Procedure
GDPR Trustees Volunteers Privacy Notice
GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Withdrawal of Consent Form